Followers

Tuesday 13 June 2017

JUST FOR YOU

Hello and welcome...
We have a kind of florist shop theme showing today
I scored a piece of A4 ivory card stock in half to create an A5 card base.

I then used my Hougie Board to score 2 vertical lines on the front of the card, then turned the card around to score another 2 horizontal lines, unfortunately you can't see these as well on the photograph.

Next I die cut and embossed the hobnail vase 3 times, the tranquil poppy 3 times, the maidenhead fern 4 times and the delicate daisies 8 times using the 2 smallest dies for the daisies.

I cut part of the top and bottom away from one vase and cut away more of the same for the third vase.  Using my bone folder tool I curved all 3 vases.

I coloured the poppies using ProMarkers and removed the head only from one of the flowers, I 'tweaked' the petals on the cut off head then glued it to the complete poppy.  The poppies were then adhered to the inside of the vase.

I shortened 2 of the ferns prior to gluing them onto the vase and cut away some of the leaves on the remaining 2 ferns.

I added some colour to the daisies as well as cutting 4 thin 'green stalks' and they were glued inside the smallest of the vases.

Once I was happy with the position of all 3 vases I added cosmic shimmer glue to the backs and adhered them into place on the front of the card.

Using a pencil I added several horizontal strokes to the underneath of each vase so that they did not look as if they were 'floating' in mid air.

To complete I stamped the sentiment to the top right of the card.

INGREDIENTS:
  • ivory card stock ~ my stash
  • Finishing Touches - Hobnail Vase ~ Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions
  • Finishing Touches - Tranquil Poppy ~ as above
  • Finishing Touches - Maidenhair Fern ~ as above
  • Finishing Touches - Delicate Daisies Complete Petals ~ as above
  • ProMarkers - Poppy, Pine, Grass, Tulip Yellow
  • StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
  • Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear PVA Glue ~ Creative Expressions
  • Just For You Sentiment ~ my stash
  • Glue dots ~ Woodware
  • Pencil

  • Acknowledgement given to Sue Wilson who originally reduced the size on the vases for her cards

    Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
     I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message.
                                                         June x



1 comment:

  1. Really pretty, so realistic looking. Another smasher.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: